27 April 2017

The Card Concept Challenge 72 - April Showers

The Card Concept Challenge this week has the theme 'April Showers'. A vibrant wee arrangement of flowers in the cutest polka dot gummies :) So many gorgeous elements to inspire you.


Way beyond the flowers and the boots is the most delicate background. It's obviously pictures on a wall, but it's smudged and lovely.
I took a piece of watercolour paper and sponged squares of Golden Fluid acrylic paint, with hints of the colours I used in the flowers and leaves. It's really lovely but hard to pick up in my photo. (click on the photo for a better look).

The scallop circle was also made using Golden Fluid Acrylic. Many years ago I made several big stamps using precut foam shapes. I glued them to a piece of wood with PVA glue. Back then they were used to stamp fabric. I used one with dots attached in a grid pattern to stamp blue Bazzil card.

The flowers and leaves are Tim Holtz Flower garden. I have made a Silhouette cut file for the stamps.
I used Versamark ink to stamp (not really recommended for watercolour, it runs if you leave it wet for too long) and watercolored the flowers and leaves with Kuretake Gansai Tambi Japanese Watercolour Paints.

The yellow fronds are from  MFT Leafy Greenery.

The Sentiment unknown.




Here are the links to the design team's blogs:-

Becca Cruger

Karen Davis (you are here)








Come and play along with us at The Card Concept   

Have a great week :)

6 comments:

Michele K. Henderson said...

Karen, this is really pretty! I love your color combination and the beautiful arrangement!
Take care!
Michele

Becca Cruger said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Those big blooms are saturated with vibrant color and the hints of gold in the background create such an elegant touch.

Lisa said...

I LOVE that you made a silhouette file for the stamps, what a wonderful idea! Did you scan in the stamp and then traced it? I would love to know how you did that! I love working with Kuretake watercolors, they are so nice, I love your colors that you used for the flowers!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! And that background is so beautiful!!!

Karren said...

This is gorgeous, Karen! So many fabulous details that all work so beautifully together.

laurie said...

So bright and cheerful...love those vibrant colors!