13 April 2017

The Card Concept Challenge 71 - Fresh Flutters.

We have such a pretty image to inspire you in the current Card Concept Challenge. 'Fresh Flutters', even the challenge name is gorgeous. Can't wait to see the gallery :) Have fun!



I really just recreated the scene on my card. Well, sort of.......
I white embossed the background with a lacey pattern, then washed over it with dilute green watercolour. I thought that would be enough, but the design wasn't strong enough, so I added the flowers.
I used an American Crafts - Dear Lizzy - Neapolitan Collection stamp for my jar. I used watercolours to colour it, 
The butterflies are from an old, and much-loved, Hero Arts stamp set - Antique Flowers and Butterflies. I have used the smaller of the three butterflies in the set. 
The 'Thanks' is a woodgrain word from Kaisercraft ( I think)
I coloured a white doily with pink ink, then knocked the colour back a bit with white pigment ink.
A sprinkle of sequins and the card was done.



Here are the links to the design team's blogs:-
Please welcome our five new team members, Vicki, Kim, Nancy, Angel and Veronica. 
Hi girls, it's so lovely to have you on the team. :)

Becca Cruger

Karen Davis (you are here)








Come and play along with us at The Card Concept   

Have a great week :)

8 comments:

Michele K. Henderson said...

Karen, this is so bright and joyful! I love the dimension of the little white flowers and the detail of the butterflies! Really creative and bright!
Take care!
Michele

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, Karen- this is amazing!! Love the flowers, the sweet butterflies, the gorgeous jar, wooden sentiment- well, just all of it!! Thanks for inspiring all of us and I hope you have a wonderful Easter week!

Vicki Finger said...

Such a pretty card and I love all the different butterflies that I am seeing today!

Lucille K said...

Your card is so pretty, such a nice take on the inspiration photo :)

Karren said...

This is so pretty, Karen and a perfect representation of the challenge photo! Gorgeous texture and detail!

laurie said...

Love this!! How beautiful!

Monika Reeck said...

Karen many thanks for your lovely words on my blog
I am so inspiring with your lovely and soft color on your card
Its blended so beautiful and because you used this butterfly I dont want to copy this I choose the other one that look to left side..yes I love love this Hero arts set too..
and you added many lovely embelly
sequin..doily in Pink is ooh and aaaah
and your JAR coloring wooowza I LOVE!!
I should see your blog more often..
Love this card and I inspiring by you
hugs
Monika

Monika Reeck said...

I am now your new follower...anytime the new challenge at the Card Concept I will always try to visiting you Karen..hugs
Monika (I think at this time you already sleep you will read this tomorrow...I know the time different cause I was living in Indonesia before marry my hubby a German man ;) SMILE)