30 March 2017

The Card Concept Challenge 70 - Purple Haze

At The Card Concept this week, the theme is Purple Haze. The bottles are so inspiring for both shape and colour. I can't wait to see what you come up with. 


The glass bottles headed me off in the vellum direction. I just had to decide on the stamp set and the colour of the embossing powder. 
In the end, I chose the Verve Stamp set - Be Blessed for the flowers and the sentiment. In keeping with the warm background behind the bottles, I embossed the flowers with Hero Arts Gold Embossing Powder then coloured them with three Distress Inks.
The leaves are a Clearly Besotted - Leafy Accents Die. I used a bold, patterned paper to add a bit more interest to the simple, two-tone background. 
The curve on the aqua paper is cut with a die from Lil' Inker Border Builders. 
A few sequins and pearls finished the card.



Here are the links to the design team's blogs:-

Becca Cruger

Karen Davis (you are here)


Come and play along with us at The Card Concept   

Have a great week :)


8 comments:

Michele K. Henderson said...

Karen, I LOVE your card! I was originally trying to create something like this with purple medallions but I just couldn't get it right! Your card is so pretty! I love the color combination too!
Take Care!
Michele

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is GORGEOUS, Karen! Love the stained glass look you achieved with the flowers.

Susan Powell said...

Karen, this is gorgeous! I love where the inspiration photo took you.

Karren said...

Beautiful take on the inspiration photo, Karen! The boldness and elegance of the flowers works so well with the "lightness" of the aqua panel.

Lilian said...

Gorgeous! Love the use of vellum!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Gorgeous! I am loving how you used the vellum for those beautiful flowers!!!!

laurie said...

How pretty! Love the vellum!

Monika Reeck said...

HI Karen
I adore this card too
the purple is my fav color always and I was not join that time...I am sad now...I love your arrangement of those flowers and leaves...the sentiment is perfect there
Great take on that photo inspiration
and hey I have a friend in New Zealand too her name is Dawn Turley also card making lady...
we sometimes exchange bday card each other...
I like being your new bloggy friend Karen..
hugs from Germany
Monika