05 May 2016

Winter Wonderland -White on White Challenge

Today I have a card made for the Winter Wonderland Challenge Blog. The challenge theme is White-0n-White. The cards are so pretty.

Here is my card for the challenge.



I have used a favourite Memory Box poinsettia die, a very old punch for the fine foliage, and a Die-namics Stitched Oval Frame. The herringbone background is a Spellbinder embossing folder I think?? I added a bit of Stickles and A Wink of Stella  to the Poinsettia (doesn't show in the photograph).
I have made white-on-white before and thoroughly enjoyed the experience, so I was very happy to participate in this challenge, my first for Winter Wonderland.
You can see my other two cards here and Here.

This week I also tried a technique presented by Jennifer McGuire on her blog. Such a great technique. She made it look so easy to get a good result in the video. Working with what I had, I got and awful result...well not totally awful, but fairly. Not sharable anyway. My sticky paper wasn't sticky enough to hold the glitter for the Copic markers, so some of the glitter came off. It just looks a little patchy. 
I had an 'Ah-huh' moment! I tried the technique on purchased white glitter board and it worked perfectly. I haven't made a card from the resulting panel yet. 
I loved the idea of adding Glossy Accents to pop the sentiment. See her gorgeous cards by clicking on the link above.

Have a great crafting week and thanks for dropping by.

1 comment:

Karren said...

This is stunning, Karen! White-on-white is not easy but you've used texture and layers to create an amazing card.