23 May 2016

ColourQ challenge #342

I am joining in with the ColorQ Challenge today. Here is the gorgeous inspiration photo.....I love the large sploggy flowers.


Once again I have used MFT Rose Bouquet stamps and dies. It has been a totally enjoyable experience trying different techniques and colours using one stamp set. I know I have bearly scratched the surface of this set's capabilities. I could happily continue to play with it, BUT, I guess it would very boring for anyone visiting my blog on a regular basis. (Not sure if that person exists but thank you if you do. :-))

The sploggy flowers screamed watercolour to me. This is what I came up with.



The flowers were inked with Distress inks, then lightly misted with water before stamping. 
The Stitched backgrounds are all from a MFT Stax set. 
The lovely sentiment is from Avery Elle. I love the elongated shape and the size of the font. See the set below. I have embossed it in white on ink navy card.
The sequins show up more in the photograph than they do IRL so they are more subtle than shown.



 Have a great week.


2 comments:

Shawna said...

Oh my goodness this card is amazing!! Seriously, I came from Colour Q to get a closer look.. This card looks so similar to the photo.. It is unreal!! I love it and I love your work as well...
Your newest follower,
Shawna

Leigh Penner said...

This is beautiful!