20 July 2013

A little Miss Havisham...............................

I recently watched the new 'Great Expectations' with Helena Bonham Carter playing Miss Havisham.
As a lover of anything shabby, Miss Havisham, to me, is the ultimate source of shabby inspiration. This version of  GEs was no exception.
When I saw The Shabby Tearooms image for Challenge Week #175 - 'Romantic", Miss Havisham came to mind.
I thoroughly enjoyed making this card.

 
I used lace from my Stash of lace. The Broderie anglaise lace is Tea dyed.
 

 
 
 
(Click on images below to take you to Simon Says Stamp)

Script paper is from MME.

The sentiment is from Hero Arts Clear set Truly Grateful (CL569)

 
The sentiment is backed with a Spellbinders - Labels 17 diecut.

*s5-025 Spellbinders LABELS 17 Seventeen Nestabilities New

The small white butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch.



The large butterfly is a from a cheap metal belt. I 'aged' it with ink and paint.
The bling is from Bella Bling.
Flowers are from 'I am Roses'.
The twine is crochet 0.5mm hemp from the Hempbeadery on Etsy.


Have a great weekend everyone..........................


3 comments:

Jeanne J. said...

Karen this is drop dead gorgeous - you need to watch more vintage classics! WOW! Absolutely stunning!

Cathy McGrath said...

Such a beautiful card Karen.

Tracey said...

So Beautiful.....love the tea dyed lace panel! So soft and pretty.....thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with us in the Tea Room.