22 April 2013

Moxie Fab's Tuesday Trigger - Wake-up call Card 2

This is my second card for the Moxie Fab challenge.
When I have all the bits and pieces from a project lying on my work desk, I am sometimes sparked into making a second card.
I like the elements in this card.
I hand cut the coffee cup, my second in two weeks, so I am becoming quite proficient.
 
It is 2am in the morning here in NZ ( I am a night owl) so I have used a daylight lamp to take the photo. It's a tad grey, so a better photo may be taken in the morning.
 

 
 
 
I have used a Spellbinders scalloped frame to cut the blue.
The Cuttlebug Olivia alphabet die set was used for the 'Café'. It needs a 'grave' or 'acute' on the 'e'. Going back 40 years to school French so I may be way off with names here.
The circle is stamped with the Hero Arts Ledger Cling Stamp (CG138) .
I thought it looked like a page in the wee order books the café staff carry, and the 'coffee break' looks like a hand written note on the page. 
This sentiment stamp comes from the same Fiskers stamp set I used on the first card.
The spots on the cup are the negative cuts from an alphabet die.
The coffee 'Steam' is cut using the Papertrey Ink Ric Rac die in the same way as it was used on Card 1.
The woven trim looks like the ties on some café aprons so thought it was perfect.
The edges of all the pieces are inked in black to make them stand away from the white card, and each other. I am amazed how this 'crisps' up the whole design.
 
So I think I should wander off to bed now.
It is absolutely pouring with rain here. Earlier in the night we had lots of thunder, so I raced round the house turning off computers, and pulling appliance plugs from the wall.
 
Night to all.

6 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Oh, this card is perfect - Love your composition!

Angi Barrs said...

Adorable take on the trigger. Love the coffee mug!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Karen! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

My Paper Epiphany said...

Great take on the TT

Helen F. said...

Love all the different shapes and textures used here, Karen ~ fab card :)

Stamping With Bibiana said...

nice to hear some news about your end of the world...nice card!
bibiana