14 April 2013

Moxie Fabs - Tuesday Trigger : Magical Magnolias

This is such a beautiful image, so soft and pretty.
Why then, did I choose to go hard edge using only the colours from the image??
Because .........I have just watched the most inspiring technique from Jennifer McGuire.
A video made for Simon Says Stamp using the March kit.
See HERE.
It totally takes the guess work out of stamp placement for multiple images. Genius!!
Thank you Jennifer.
She has masked on her video, but I wanted a 'seeing through', snapshot, sort of look.
 
Sometimes when I am crafting, I have my laptop playing continuous technique videos.
They just run one to the next. Try Jennifer McGuire or  Papertrey Ink - Make it Monday.
I am sure there are other clever crafters I am yet to discover.
 
 
 
Anyhoo!! Here is the card I made, inspired by both Jennifer, and Moxie Fab's Tuesday Trigger.
 

 
I have coloured the flowers with Distress Markers and the odd Tombow.
The sentiment is black embossed. I swiped a moist towelette over the card to reduce ink 'grab', then swooshed it with Memento pink
 
Sometimes, I am really surprised at the stamp sets I have hiding away in dark corners.
Little clear stamps, waiting patiently for me to see their potential.
Unfortunately, when earlier sets were purchased, I had no idea I would eventually have a blog, so keeping manufactures details was not important. :-(
I have spent over an hour finding their info and I am glad to say, they are still current, or at least able to be purchased!! 
In case you are interested :-)

 
Thanks for visiting ............................................
 

4 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

I love your card! I too like to watch videos while crafting! And Jennifer is so wonderful! Off to check out the video you were inspired by! :)

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card. I can totally see the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

this is so pretty! i love how you repeated the dots onto the front and the light colouring behind the sentiment.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Karen! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)